The Blackhawks fly up the charts after three straight wins. The Sharks smell blood. A look at our totally subjective and weekly ranking of the league's 30 clubs:
1. Ottawa Senators. Daniel Alfredsson the early season Hart Trophy pick?
2. Detroit Red Wings. Can't beat the Hawks!
3. Carolina Hurricanes. Second-best PP in the NHL.
4. Colorado Avalanche. Playing up to the pre-season hype.
5. Minnesota Wild. Pavol Demitra injured again.
6. San Jose Sharks. Is nap time over?
7. Philadelphia Flyers. Mike Richards on fire.
8. New York Rangers. Surely at some point the goals will come.
9. Montreal Canadiens. Alexei Kovalev playing like he cares.
10. Chicago Blackhawks. Hockey is back in the Windy City!
11. New York Islanders. Anyone notice their start?
12. Vancouver Canucks. A perfect 6-0-0 in the Northwest Division.
13. Boston Bruins. Surviving despite so-so special teams.
14. Columbus Blue Jackets. Back to earth.
15. New Jersey Devils. Stat you probably never thought you'd see: Devils 29th on PK.
16. Pittsburgh Penguins. GM Ray Shero says he'll be patient.
17. Nashville Predators. Don't write them off.
18. Calgary Flames. How long will Mike Keenan keep a lid on it?
19. Anaheim Ducks. Todd Bertuzzi not close to returning.
20. Buffalo Sabres. Too much talent to be this bad.
21. Tampa Bay Lightning. There's no stopping Vinny Prospal.
22. Dallas Stars. Doug Armstrong's firing a stunner.
23. St. Louis Blues. Need more balanced scoring.
24. Toronto Maple Leafs. Not helped by a 29th-ranked PP.
25. Los Angeles Kings. Heck of a win Saturday against Dallas.
26. Phoenix Coyotes. Things were going good until a trip to San Jose.
27. Atlanta Thrashers. Ranked 30th on PK.
28. Washington Capitals. Bigger things were expected.
29. Edmonton Oilers. Win in Calgary felt good.
30. Florida Panthers. Same old Panthers.