Conn Smythe winner Henrik Zetterberg celebrates with the Stanley Cup on this week\'s cover.
In the July 1 issue of The Hockey News:
• In our cover story, Detroit GM Ken Holland reveals his tried-and-true nine steps to glory after winning his fourth Stanley Cup in 11 years
• Luc Bourdon is remembered by a first-person with Kris Letang reminiscing about his memories of his best friend and the impact of Bourdon’s death on the Acadian coast of New Brunswick
• The top 50 potential free agents, how much they will be coveted by other teams and how much money they can attract
• In his Proteau Type column, Adam Proteau talks to Mike Myers about his passion for hockey and the Toronto Maple Leafs, and the inspiration for his new movie The Love Guru.
• For the goalies out there, look out for the 2008 Goalie Buyers’ Guide: find out who the top goalies were in 2008; interviews with Nashville Predators goalie Dan Ellis and Edmonton Oilers goalie coach Pete Peeters; and a Q&A with equipment industry experts
• Senior writer Ken Campbell talks about the trend of recycling coaches in the NHL in his In the Slot column
• Inside the NHL looks at the historical significance of this year’s NHL awards; find out which teams are toughest on potential draftees at the draft combine; and a look back at Trevor Linden’s impact in Vancouver on and off the ice the past two decades
• In Mike Brophy’s Overtime, Ryan Malone talks about whether or not he’ll return with the Pittsburgh Penguins
• Jason Kay reveals THN’s picks for coach of the year and executive of the year in his Editor’s Notebook
• Our Team Reports look back on the defining moments for all 30 NHL teams this season
• Prospects Unlimited talks about the Chicago Wolves’ Calder Cup championship and the Spokane Chiefs’ run to the Memorial Cup; we also profile Mitch Wahl of the Chiefs and former NHLer Mike Keane, now with the Manitoba Moose in the AHL; we also give you the scoop on minor pro leagues across North America
• Fan Shootout with Dustin Brown
• Ask the Experts answers why players don’t fight with their gloves on and the criteria for how names get on the Stanley Cup
• Rockin’ Out with Alex Pietrangelo; find out what his favorite tunes are.