Sidney Crosby takes to the cover celebrating his golden goal.
In the March 15 issue of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• It’s our Olympics Special Collector’s Issue, which includes a 16-page Commemorative Special Section looking at Team Canada’s incredible drive to their gold medal victory.
• Reporting from Vancouver, Ken Campbell profiles the three young defensemen who were key in Canada’s drive for gold. He also explains it was no accident that Sidney Crosby became a national hero.
• We look back at Team USA’s performance at the Olympic Games and look ahead to the future success this young team is sure to have.
• Canada was also golden on the women’s side of things. We look at Canada’s newest stars and what makes them so successful.
• Inside the NHL profiles a couple of players who have defied the odds and made an impact at the NHL level, despite being selected last overall in the draft. Ryan Dixon previews the stretch drive and what the fringe teams face in the final 20 games.
• In the Slot with Ken Campbell gives reasons why the NHL needs to participate in the 2014 Winter Games.
• Inside the NHL with Tom Lynn goes behind the scenes and looks at an assistant GM’s job of telling a player the bad news that he’s been traded.
• In the Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay defends women’s hockey’s inclusion in the Olympics and gives reasons why it’s important to keep in the Games.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau profiles NCAA star Cory Conacher, an undrafted 20-year-old who is getting serious NHL attention.
• In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek looks at Peter Forsberg’s return to the public eye and what the future may hold for the legendary Swede.
• NHL Team Reports reveals each team’s “fan favorite.”
• We talk to Matt Duchene about his first game in Fresh Legs, show you our best Letters to the Editor and Adam Proteau answers your questions in Ask Adam.
• Inside the Numbers reviews the top scorers by month and predicts who we can expect to provide offense for their team during the stretch drive.
• We look at the best from the minor leagues in Prospects Unlimited.
• Last Minute of Play features Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, which showcases the classic jersey of the Edina Hornets, a high school team in Minnesota, as well as Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle and Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre cartoon.