It’s Stanley Cup season in the NHL and our Playoff Preview issue has all the inside information regarding all playoff-bound teams, including…
• In-depth team reports from THN writers and experts break down your teams’ playoff chances and who could come through when it matters most.
• A look at the St. Louis Blues and whether or not the team THN predicted to win Lord Stanley is up to the task this time around.
• The animosity between the California-based clubs and their feelings towards each other
• If you could start with just one player in the playoffs, who would you choose? Crosby? Toews? Stamkos? The choice isn’t as clear cut as you think
• Matt Larkin looks at the advanced stats to determine which teams are contenders or pretenders
• Ken Campbell explains why the Boston Bruins are the cream of the crop in the East and why they’ll come out on top
• Why the phenomenon of the make-up call continues to play a big role in hockey, especially during the playoffs
• Also in the issue: A wrap of the CWHL’s Clarkson Cup; David Backes’ continuing efforts to save dogs; one crazy tale of the KHL; how Keith Crowder went from the NHL to the donut business; the 1950-51 Rangers “magic” elixir; and much more.
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it from the THN store, digitally on the Ipad or through Zinio, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com