In the Nov. 24 edition of The Hockey News, it’s The Fan Issue, where every page, from front to back, is dedicated to you, the great people who make the game what it is. Featured in the issue:
- We rank the all the fan bases in the NHL using our custom-made algorithm. Toronto comes out on top (begin the love/hate now), but where does your team finish?
- The ugly side of fandom. From the Vancouver riots to crowd fights, sometimes passion spills the wrong way
- Features on four of the world’s biggest fans, from Winnipeg’s Dancin’ Gabe to a man who saw his beloved Blackhawks play in every other NHL city in one season
- The business of growing fans. What is the NHL doing to get more people to fall in love with the game?
- A man you should really root for: Blackhawks goalie Scott Darling, who battled his way out of the bottom of a bottle to reach the top of the hockey world
- Your picks for features in our NHL Team Reports. We put it to a poll and you said you wanted to read about Jonathan Toews, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Jarome Iginla, Gustav Nyquist, Alex Galchenyuk, Wayne Simmonds and Victor Hedman
- In the columns, Ken Campbell explains why fewer fans is better for the Florida Panthers and Adam Proteau has tips for being the best fan you can be
- And in Prospect Reports, we look at the Blues’ Dmitrij Jaskin, the constant connection between the Carolina Hurricanes and the Plymouth Whalers and Ryan Kennedy explains why Red Deer getting the Memorial Cup is great for small-town hockey fans everywhere