In this week’s issue of The Hockey News…
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it from the THN store, digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• The shortened season is underway and there’s no lack of storylines early on.
• A Cup-favorite for many, the Rangers have stumbled out of the gate. What can we expect from John Tortorella’s men in the weeks ahead?
• Meanwhile, two teams playing in the Rangers’ shadow – including last years Eastern Conference champions – have high hopes of their own. We check in with the hot-starting Devils and the promising Islanders.
• Why more and more retired NHL stars – like Hall of Famers like Joe Sakic, Cam Neely and Joe Nieuwendyk – now working as executives around the league.
• Fans are showing just how much they missed the game during the lockout by filling arenas around the league and tuning in in record numbers.
• Reports on all 30 teams with updated depth charts now that the season is underway.
• Adam Proteau sits down with league disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan to talk about getting players up to speed on recent rule changes and some challenges on the horizon.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell dispels some myths about fan reaction to the lockout.
• In the wake of triumphing at the WJC, U.S. hockey is truly on the rise.
• Prospect reports on Sean Monahan and a few players who’ve been starring in the ECHL this season.
• Our 35th annual Summer Hockey School Guide gives you everything you need to know to find the right camp in your region.
• And much more.