Chris Pronger\'s on the cover of the April 22 issue of THN.
In the April 22 issue of The Hockey News:
• Our cover story puts Chris Pronger on trial for all the indiscretions over his career.
• In his In The Slot column, senior writer Ken Campbell says Patrick Roy should step down from his post as honorary president of the World Championship.
• Inside the NHL: Some players who could come from off the radar and really step up their game in the playoffs; and the NHL’s new place to recruit refs.
• Fresh Legs with Brian Lee of the Ottawa Senators.
• In his Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay wonders why so few people are picking the Detroit Red Wings to win the Stanley Cup.
• Jeremy Roenick writes a feature in the first person on his resurgent season with the San Jose Sharks.
• In our Ask The Experts feature, we explain how goals-against average is calculated and why refs and linesmen have numbers.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau discusses the hardships of being a Buffalo Sabres fan.
• In Overtime, senior writer Mike Brophy sends a plea to all hockey fans to remember why we love the game and to forget about the ugly incidents that will inevitably occur.
• Our Team Reports give you each squad’s MVP and surprise player of the year.
• Your Letters to the Editor: why Kevin is so “Lowe” on our GM rankings, Miikka Kiprusoff as a Vezina candidate, Mike Komisarek as a Norris Trophy candidate, Gordie Howe turning 80, and saying goodbye to a hockey pioneer in Georgia.
• Our Plus/Minus looks at the best and worst of the hockey world.
• In Snapshots; San Jose’s “player” of the month, Dustin Byfuglien’s goal count, and our Edmonton goalie mix-up.
• Inside The Numbers has unique NHL stats.
• 2 Minutes In The Box with Ryan Carter.
• Starting From 10 counts down the players we’d like to see at the World Championship.
• In Prospects Unlimited, we cover players and teams from the AHL, NCAA and CHL; give you the inside scoop on minor pro leagues across North America; and profile James Neal, Josef Boumedienne, Peter Delmas and Kevin Regan.
All this and more can be found in THN's latest issue. Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!