CLICK HERE TO ENTER.
THE HOCKEY NEWS
ONLY IN VEGAS BABY “SUBSCRIBE AND WIN” CONTEST RULES
1. The contest begins on Monday March 1st, 2010 and concludes Friday April 30th, 2010. To be automatically entered into The Hockey News “Only in Vegas Baby Subscribe and Win” contest, subscribe or renew your subscription to The Hockey News by visiting www.thn.com/awards. For no purchase entry, submit a 100-word or more essay on “Why I love The Hockey News” and mail to The Hockey News “Only in Vegas Baby Subscribe and Win” contest, 25 Sheppard Ave. West, Suite 100, Toronto, ON, M2N 6S7. Maximum one mail-in entry per envelope with sufficient postage. To be eligible, all entries and/or subscriptions must be received on or before 11:59p.m. (EST) Friday, April 30th, 2010, the contest closing date.
2. Winner will be selected in a random draw at 2pm (EST) on Monday, May 10th, 2010 in Toronto, Ontario from all eligible entries received by The Hockey News.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. Each prize consists of the following:
a.) Economy roundtrip airfare for two (2) people from the airport closest to the winner’s residence from which the designated airline flies, to Las Vegas, Nevada.
b.) Two nights accommodation (double occupancy) at The Palms Hotel
c.) Two tickets to attend the 2010 NHL Awards (specific date to be confirmed) at the Pearl Concert Theatre inside the Palms Hotel
3. Total value of each prize is $3000 CDN. The selected entrants for each of the two Grand Prizes will be notified by phone within one week of Monday, May 10th, 2010. In order to win, the selected entrant must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, arithmetical, skill testing question administered by phone. Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash. If the selected entrant cannot be reached by Tuesday, May 25th, 2010 or if for any reason cannot be awarded the prize, another contest entry will be randomly selected, and the above procedure will be repeated, until the Grand Prize has been awarded. The Hockey News (Transcontinental Media G.P.) retains the right in their absolute discretion to make prize substitutions of equivalent kind or value for any reason whatsoever.
4. The prize includes only what is specifically described and no other allowance will be granted. The winner and his/her travel companion will have to pay all expenses including but not limited to:
• Meals and beverages;
• Transportation costs, including round-trip transfers between the winner’s residence and the airport and/or the airport and hotel;
• Travel insurance (cancellation, medical, etc.);
• Gratuities, tips, taxes of any kind;
• Personal and incidental expenses
• Laundry Service
• Local and long distance telephone calls
• Gratuities/taxes (airport, fuel surcharges, security)
The winner and his/her travel companion, if applicable, are responsible for obtaining a valid passport and/or other required travel documentation at their own expense. If the winner and his/her travel companion are unable to travel because they lack proper documentation, the prize will be forfeited without compensation, and a new draw may be held.
The winner and his/her travel companion must be available to travel during the month of June 2010 – no exceptions. If the winner is unable to travel on the designated dates, the prize will be forfeited without compensation and a new draw may be held.
5. By entering, the winner agrees to sign a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with the contest rules and acceptance of the Grand Prize as awarded and releasing Transcontinental Media G.P. from all liability relating to the contest and the acceptance/use of the Grand Prize. By entering, contestants agree to the use of their photograph, names, and places of residence, without compensation, in print, radio or televised publicity relating to the contest.
6. This contest is open to all residents of Canada and the US who have reached the age of majority in their province/territory/state of residence and only where the contest is offered and permitted by law. Void where prohibited by law. Employees, directors and officers (and those with whom they are domiciled) of The Hockey News (Transcontinental Media G.P.) and their advertising and promotional agencies and prohibited from entering the contest. Transcontinental Media G.P. accepts no responsibility for entries lost, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, delayed or destroyed, or for the failure or malfunction of any hardware or software. The Hockey News (Transcontinental Media G.P.) has the right to terminate the contest subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux in Quebec, or to change the contest rules at any time without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
7. The decisions of The Hockey News (Transcontinental Media G.P.) are final with respect to all aspects of the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrant and individuals requesting a copy of contest rules. The odds of an entry being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received by the contest closing date. All entries become the property of Transcontinental Media G.P. and none will be returned. Transcontinental Media G.P. and third parties may make the information on these entry forms available for promotional purposes unless entrants request otherwise by making note of this on their entry form.
8. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.