Martin Brodeur joined Patrick Roy with his 500th career win Saturday.
Phoenix 1, Los Angeles 0 (story/highlights)
- Ilya Bryzgalov made 28 saves for his first shutout as a member of the Coyotes.
Ottawa 0, Toronto 3 (story/highlights)
- Vesa Toskala stopped 22 shots to earn his first shutout as a Maple Leaf.
Boston 4, Montreal 7 (story/highlights)
- The Canadiens outshot Boston 52-36 and had seven different scorers.
New Jersey 6, Philadelphia 2 (story/highlights)
- Martin Brodeur made 26 saves to earn his 500th career win.
Florida 1, Carolina 2 (story)
- Rod Brind’Amour scored twice for the Hurricanes.
Chicago at Detroit (story/highlights)
- Patrick Sharp scored a hat trick and Rene Bourque added two short-handed goals.
N.Y. Rangers 4, Pittsburgh 3 (story/highlights)
- Jason Strudwick scored in overtime in a come-from-behind victory for the Rangers.
St. Louis 3, Nashville 2 (story/highlights)
- Hannu Toivonen made 35 saves and Brad Boyes scored the only goal in the shootout.
Calgary 3, Edmonton 1 (story/highlights)
- Owen Nolan and Matthew Lombardi each had a goal and an assist in the Calgary win.
Anaheim 2, San Jose 1 (story/highlights)
- Jean-Sebastien Giguere turned aside 28 and Corey Perry scored the only shootout goal for Anaheim.
Boston- Lost Andrew Ference with a sprained knee and recalled Matt Hunwick from Providence. (more...)
Chicago- Rene Bourque blocked a shot with his hand Saturday and did not return. He will be examined Sunday…Brent Sopel returned to the lineup Saturday after missing two games with the flu.
Minnesota- Mikko Koivu will miss about a week with a cracked bone in his left leg after being slashed by Mattias Ohlund. (more...)
What’s on tap tonight…
Detroit at Columbus, 5:00 p.m.
Colorado at Minnesota, 6:00 p.m.
Calgary at Vancouver, 8:00 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.