Yesterday at thn.com:
In Screen Shots, Adam Proteau says the refs aren’t perfect, but they do a good job, so get over it.
In Rory Boylen’s blog, he says referees get blamed for doing a poor job, but until you are put in their position, you can’t possibly understand their perspective.
The more in-depth articles of the CBA, and how to make the Stanley Cup a moot point, writes Edward Fraser in his blog.
In Year of the Ram, the boys get ready for their first state championship showdown.
Minnesota 2, Carolina 3 (story/highlights)
- Erik Cole’s goal stood up as the game-winner and Cam Ward made 26 saves.
New York Rangers 4, New York Islanders 1 (story/highlights)
- Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 26 shots and Sean Avery scored two goals.
Tampa Bay 2, Philadelphia 3 (story)
- Jeff Carter scored two goals and Martin Biron made 18 saves.
Toronto 8, Boston 2 (story/highlights)
- Mats Sundin had three points and Nik Antropov scored two goals.
Pittsburgh 2, Florida 5 (story/highlights)
- Craig Anderson made 25 saves and Olli Jokinen assisted on two goals.
Montreal 4, Phoenix 2 (story/highlights)
- Alexei Kovalev had three assists and Carey Price turned aside 37 shots.
Anaheim 0, Colorado 1 (story/highlights)
- Wojtek Wolski scored the game-winning goal and Jose Theodore earned a 27-save shutout.
Nashville 2, Vancouver 6 (story/highlights)
- Sami Salo and Daniel Sedin each had three assists and Roberto Luongo stopped 21 shots.
Ottawa 0, Los Angeles 2 (story/highlights)
- Alex Frolov and Patrick O’Sullivan each scored, while Erik Ersberg earned a 40-save shutout.
Click HERE for NHL standings.
News and Views…
Buffalo: Assigned Clarke MacArthur to Rochester.
Carolina: Bret Hedican is day-to-day for personal reasons… Dennis Seidenberg returned from an ankle injury that kept him out of 20 games.
Colorado: Jeff Finger returned from a hand injury.
Edmonton: Theo Peckham was recalled from Springfield.
Florida: Radek Dvorak and Bryan Allen each returned from injury.
Los Angeles: Derek Armstrong returned after missing five games with a knee injury.
Minnesota: Kurtis Foster and Chris Simon are day-to-day.
Ottawa: Brian McGrattan returned after missing four games with the flu.
Philadelphia: Daniel Briere returned after missing a game with a sprained shoulder.
St. Louis: Ryan Reaves was assigned to Alaska… Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch asks: Is Paul Kariya no longer golden? (more...)
Vancouver: Byron Ritchie returned from a back injury that forced him out of four games… Mattias Ohlund could be out for the rest of the season with bone chips in his knee, writes Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun. (more...)
What’s on tap…
Tampa Bay at New Jersey, 7:00 p.m.
Edmonton at Columbus, 7:00 p.m.
Minnesota at Atlanta, 7:30 p.m.
San Jose at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Nashville at Calgary, 9:00 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.