Brad Boyes scored goal No. 38 last night. (Photo by Victor Decolongon/Getty Images)
Yesterday at thn.com:
Ken Campbell talks about John McFarland going No. 1 overall in the OHL draft, in his blog.
The Hockey News catches up with former Bruin Fred O’Donnell in Backchecking.
Campbellnomics has Alex Ovechkin moving into top spot, with Iginla and Datsyuk on his tail.
The Hot List, a collection of players we can’t wait to see in the NHL, profiles Lewiston goalie Peter Delmas.
Ask Adam answers your questions on: Home and away jerseys, Carey Price in the playoffs and Brent Sutter’s shot at the Jack Adams.
Atlanta 2, Philadelphia 3 (story/highlights)
- Vaclav Prospal scored the winner, Joffrey Lupul had two assists and Antero Niittymaki made 17 saves.
Calgary 0, Columbus 3 (story/highlights)
- Manny Malhotra had two goals, Rick Nash had three points and Fredrik Norrena earned an 18-save shutout.
Pittsburgh 2, New York Rangers 5 (story/highlights)
- Henrik Lundqvist turned aside 22 shots and Sean Avery scored two goals.
Toronto 3, New York Islanders 1 (story/highlights)
- Alex Steen assisted on two goals and Vesa Toskala made 27 saves.
St. Louis 4, Montreal 3 (SO) (story/highlights)
- Brad Boyes scored and won the game in the shootout, while Manny Legace stopped 27 shots and was perfect in the shootout.
Washington 4, Nashville 2 (story/highlights)
- Alex Ovechkin had a goal and two assists and Cristobal Huet made 24 saves.
Phoenix 4, Edmonton 8 (story/highlights)
- Sam Gagner had three points, Curtis Glencross scored twice and Dwayne Roloson made 30 saves.
San Jose 2, Los Angeles 1 (story/highlights)
- Pat Rissmiller’s goal stood up as the winner and Brian Boucher stopped 29 shots.
Click HERE for NHL standings.
News and Views…
Atlanta: Todd White returned from an elbow injury, but Ken Klee and Erik Christensen are both day-to-day.
Boston: Bobby Allen is day-to-day with back spasms.
Buffalo: Teppo Numminen has been cleared by his doctor to resume his career and now the defenseman is waiting on a decision from the Sabres, writes John Vogl of the Buffalo News. (more...)
Calgary: David Moss returned from a leg injury, but Rhett Warrener, Alex Tanguay and Eric Nystrom are all day-to-day with injuries.
Columbus: David Vyborny and Fredrik Modin are both day-to-day.
Detroit: Recalled Darren Helm from Grand Rapids.
Florida: George Richards of the Miami Herald writes that Jacques Martin’s job may have been saved by the recent winning streak, and the coach/GM sees himself being a part of this team’s future. (more...)
Montreal: Signed J.T. Wyman to a two-year deal and assigned him to Hamilton.
New Jersey: Signed Tyler Eckford.
New York Islanders: Recalled Joey MacDonald and Andrew MacDonald from Bridgeport… Greg Logan of New York Newsday writes about the end of Rick DiPietro’s season for hip surgery. (more...)
New York Rangers: Marek Malik returned from an upper body injury.
Philadelphia: Scottie Upshall returned after missing one game for an undisclosed reason.
St. Louis: Jay McKee returned from a foot injury that forced him out of three games.
Toronto: Nik Antropov is day-to-day with a knee injury… Assigned Reid Cashman to Columbia of the ECHL.
What’s on tap…
Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m.
N.Y. Rangers at New Jersey, 7:00 p.m.
Carolina at Atlanta, 7:00 p.m.
Columbus at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Washington at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Anaheim at Dallas, 8:30 p.m.
Minnesota at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.