Yesterday at thn.com:
Sam McCaig writes about the countdown to the playoffs, in his blog.
In Brian Duff’s blog, he discusses how Mike Richards’ contract will be critical to other contracts moving forward.
A special feature from a player in Oxford on the rivalry game between Oxford and Cambridge university.
The Hot List, our list of players we can’t wait to see in the NHL, features the Guelph Storm’s Drew Doughty.
In the Ask Adam Mailbag: Waddell’s future, the Kings and Jack Adams candidates.
Colorado 5, Atlanta 2 (story/highlights)
- Joe Sakic had a goal and two assists and Jose Theodore made 22 saves.
New York Islanders 4, Tampa Bay 8 (story/highlights)
- Vinny Lecavalier had a hat trick and Karri Ramo made 20 saves.
Chicago 1, Detroit 3 (story/highlights)
- Pavel Datsyuk’s goal stood up as the game-winner and Chris Osgood made 19 saves.
Philadelphia 3, Toronto 4 (OT) (story/highlights)
- Pavel Kubina had two goals, including the overtime-winner, and Vesa Toskala turned aside 22 shots.
New Jersey 0, Montreal 4 (story/highlights)
- Carey Price earned a 38-save shutout and Maxim Lapierre had a goal and an assist.
Boston 1, Ottawa 4 (story/highlights)
- Dany Heatley had three goals and an assist, while Martin Gerber made 28 saves.
San Jose 2, Nashville 1 (story/highlights)
- Milan Michalek scored the game-winning goal and Evgeni Nabokov stopped 26.
St. Louis 3, Edmonton 4 (OT) (story/highlights)
- Sam Gagner had three points, Andrew Cogliano scored the overtime-winner and Mathieu Garon made 28 saves.
Anaheim 2, Phoenix 3 (SO) (story/highlights)
- Radim Vrbata won the game in a shootout and Ilya Bryzgalov stopped 35 shots.
Click HERE for NHL standings.
News and Views…
Atlanta: Craig Custance of the Atlanta Journal-Constituion writes GM Don Waddell’s job is safe in the off-season. (more...)
Boston: Aaron Ward returned from a bruised foot.
Buffalo: Jaroslav Spacek is day-to-day with a chest injury and Dmitri Kalinin is day-to-day with a shoulder injury… Recalled Mike Weber from Rochester.
Chicago: Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune talks about Dustin Byfuglien’s transition to forward. (more...)
Colorado: Adam Foote returned to the lineup, but Jordan Leopold is day-to-day with a head injury… Ryan Smyth may be back Thursday, but Peter Forsberg’s groin is still bothering him, writes Adrian Dater of the Denver Post. (more...)
Dallas: Steve Ott was suspended three games for his hit on Jordan Leopold Sunday night, writes Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News. (more...)
Detroit: Chris Chelios returned from a leg injury… Signed Dan Cleary to a five-year $14 million deal, and is discusses by Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press. (more...)
Los Angeles: Dan Cloutier unleashed a tirade against Kings management in a published article Tuesday, writes Rich Hammond of the Los Angeles Daily News. (more...)
Montreal: Tomas Plekanec returned from a virus.
New York Islanders: Josef Vasicek and Andy Hilbert are day-to-day… Recalled Ben Walter from Bridgeport.
Pittsburgh: Maxime Talbot is day-to-day with an ankle injury… Recalled Ryan Stone and Connor James from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
St. Louis: Jay McKee is day-to-day with a foot injury… Assigned Ben Bishop to Peoria and recalled Roman Polak.
Toronto: Forget about the playoffs, Damien Cox of the Toronto Star writes Tuesday’s game against the Flyers is one to remember. (more...)
What’s on tap…
Toronto at Philadelphia, 7:00 p.m.
Calgary at Washington, 7:00 p.m.
Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
N.Y. Islanders at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Carolina at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Vancouver at Anaheim, 10:00 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.