Yesterday on thn.com:
Ken Campbell talks about the NHLPA’s hiring of Bob Lindquist and how it might answer why there was a lockout.
In Brian Duff’s Insider blog, the NHL Network and radio host talks about meeting members of the Canadian Forces and why paying tribute in sporting events isn’t a bad thing.
NACS chief scout Mark Seidel ranks the top prospects in the upcoming NHL Entry Draft in his insider blog.
In his mailbag, Adam Proteau answers questions on three star selections, the Canucks roster and sketchy trade deadline dealing.
The Hot List features New York Islanders prospect Kyle Okposo.
In his blog, Sam McCaig talks about the return of Teemu Selanne, the injury to Shawn Horcoff and Alex Ovechkin’s drive for the Art Ross and Rocket Richard trophies.
Buffalo 4, Boston 2 (story/highlights)
- Daniel Paille had two goals and Jason Pominville tallied two assists.
Los Angeles 4, New York Rangers 2 (story/highlights)
- Alex Frolov and Anze Kopitar each had a goal and an assist and Jason LaBarbera stopped 39 shots.
Anaheim 3, New York Islanders 0 (story/highlights)
- Teemu Selanne recorded an assist in his first game and J-S Giguere stopped all 25 shots.
Philadelphia 3, Atlanta 2 (story/highlights)
- Mike Richards had a goal and an assist and Antero Niittymaki had 23 saves.
Washington 4, Columbus 3 (OT) (story/highlights)
- Alex Ovechkin scored twice and Brent Johnson turned aside 28 shots.
Florida 8, Toronto 0 (story/highlights)
- Richard Zednik had a hat trick, Cory Murphy had three points and Tomas Vokoun earned a 24-save shutout.
Ottawa 3, Montreal 4 (story/highlights)
- Tomas Plekanec had two goals and Alexei Kovalev tallied three assists.
Detroit 3, Minnesota 2 (OT) (story)
- Brett Lebda scored the overtime-winner and Dan Cleary put up two assists.
Carolina 0, Nashville 1 (story/highlights)
- J-P Dumont scored the game’s only goal and Chris Mason stopped all 31 shots.
Vancouver 2, Dallas 3 (SO) (story/highlights)
- Brendan Morrow had a goal, assist and won the game in the shootout.
Tampa Bay 5, St. Louis 4 (story/highlights)
- Paul Ranger scored two goals and Martin St-Louis had three points.
Phoenix 3, Calgary 4 (SO) (story/highlights)
- Dion Phaneuf had two goals and Jarome Iginla had two assists plus the shootout-winner.
News and Views…
Anaheim: Mathieu Schneider returned from a wrist injury that had him out two games.
Atlanta: Ilya Kovalchuk returned after missing two games with a knee injury.
Buffalo: Drew Stafford returned from a sprained right ankle.
Calgary: Anders Eriksson came back into the lineup after missing four games with a shoulder injury.
Colorado: Mike Wall was assigned to Lake Erie.
Columbus: Recalled Duvie Westcott from Syracuse… With Pascal Leclaire injured, the Blue Jackets’ playoff hopes are thrown into question, writes Bob Hunter in the Columbus Dispatch. (more...)
Dallas: The Stars are out of the Peter Forsberg sweepstakes, but wooing Fabian Brunnstrom in Sweden, writes Mike Heika of the Dallas News. (more...)
Florida: Recalled Anthony Stewart from Rochester.
Los Angeles: Mike Cammalleri returned after missing 17 games with a rib injury.
Minnesota: Nolan Schaefer was recalled from Houston.
Montreal: Roman Hamrlik is day-to-day with the flu.
Nashville: Jason Arnott returned after missing one game with a charley horse.
Ottawa: Chris Phillips came back from the flu.
Phoenix: Recalled Bill Thomas from San Antonio.
Pittsburgh: Recalled Alex Goligoski from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Vancouver: Mattias Ohlund is day-to-day for personal reasons, while Sami Salo returned after missing two games… Zach Fitzgerald was recalled from Manitoba and Mike Brown was demoted.
What’s on tap…
New Jersey at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m.
Washington at Philadelphia, 7:00 p.m.
Chicago at Edmonton, 9:00 p.m.
Colorado at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.