The Hockey News Daily Dish: Dec. 6
Scott Niedermayer is set to return to the Anaheim Ducks lineup.
The Hockey News Daily Dish: Dec. 6
San Jose 3, Dallas 2 (story/highlights)
- Joe Thornton led the Sharks to a win with a goal and two assists.
New Jersey 4, Boston 3 (OT) (story/highlights)
- Zach Parise and Patrik Elias each had two goals.
Columbus 5, Colorado 4 (story/highlights)
- Rick Nash had two goals and Dan Fritsche score the game-winner.
Atlanta 4, New York Islanders 3 (SO) (story/highlights)
- Marian Hossa had two points and Ilya Kovalchuk sealed the win in a shootout.
Ottawa 5, Florida 4 (story/highlights)
- Randy Robitaille scored two goals including the game-winner.
Philadelphia 3, Minnesota 1 (story/highlights)
- Jeff Carter scored the eventual game-winner and had a two-point night.
Vancouver 3, Chicago 2 (story/highlights)
- Roberto Luongo made 25 saves and Taylor Pyatt recorded two assists.
Pittsburgh 4, Edmonton 2 (story/highlights)
- The Pens scored all four goals in the third period, led by Sidney Crosby’s three assists.
Phoenix 4, Los Angeles 1 (story/highlights)
- Peter Mueller had a goal and two assists, while Ilya Bryzgalov turned aside 28 shots.
Anaheim 4, Buffalo 1 (story/highlights)
- Mathieu Schneider and Andy McDonald each had two points.
News and Views…
Court documents say that Todd Bertuzzi’s attack on Steve Moore in 2004 may have been initiated by head coach Marc Crawford. (more...)
Anaheim: The Ducks announced that Scott Niedermayer will return to the team for the rest of the season… Brian Sutherby is day-to-day with a groin injury. (more...)
Boston: Tim Thomas was injured in Wednesday’s game against the New Jersey Devils. (more...)
Buffalo: Andrew Peters returned after missing two games with the flu… John Vogl of the Buffalo News writes that the Sabres are dropping Rochester as their affiliate. (more...)
Chicago: James Wisniewski returned to the lineup after missing three games.
Colorado: Marek Svatos and Ian Laperriere both returned from injury… Wyatt Smith was assigned to Lake Erie…. Adrian Dater of the Denver Post writes in his mailbag that the Avs may dangle John-Michael Liles as trade bait. (more...)
Dallas: Philippe Boucher will be sidelined four weeks with a shoulder injury… Mattias Norstrom returned to the lineup… Junior Lessard was recalled from Iowa. (more...)
Edmonton: Ales Hemsky returned from a knee injury.
Florida: Stephen Weiss returned after sitting out a game with an illness and Garth Murray is day-to-day after suffering a shoulder injury Wednesday.
Minnesota: John Shipley of the St. Paul Pioneer Press writes about Nick Shultz’s injury suffered Wednesday. (more...)
Montreal: Recalled Ryan O’Byrne and Maxim Lapierre from Hamilton and sent down Mikhail Grabovski.
Phoenix: Radim Vrbata returned from a groin injury, while Mike York is day-to day with a foot injury.
Pittsburgh: Sergei Gonchar returned after missing three games.
Tampa Bay: Andy Rogers was re-assigned to Mississippi of the East Coast League.
Toronto: Assigned Jiri Tlusty and Staffan Kronwall to the AHL affiliate.
Washington: Boyd Gordon is sidelined indefinitely with a fractured right hand.
What’s on tap…
Montreal at Boston, 7:00 p.m.
Toronto at N.Y. Rangers, 7:00 p.m.
Carolina at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.
Vancouver at Nashville, 8:00 p.m.
Pittsburgh at Calgary, 9:00 p.m.
Buffalo at Los Angeles, 10:30 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.