Marian Gaborik had five goals against the Rangers Thursday night.
Montreal 5, Washington 2 (story/highlights)
- Guillaume Latendresse had two goals and Alex Kovalev had two assists.
Pittsburgh 5, Boston 4 (SO) (story/highlights)
- Evgeni Malkin had two goals and Sidney Crosby had a Gordie Howe hat trick.
Ottawa 2, Atlanta 3 (story/highlights)
- Todd White scored the game-winner and Kari Lehtonen made 28 saves.
Toronto 1, Tampa Bay 2 (story/highlights)
- Vincent Lecavalier had two points, and scored the game-winner in the final minute.
Carolina 4, Florida 5 (story/highlights)
- Olli Jokinen had two points and Tomas Vokoun made 29 saves.
New York Rangers 3, Minnesota 6 (story/highlights)
- Marion Gaborik had five goals and an assist and Josh Harding stopped 32 shots.
Detroit 2, St. Louis 3 (story)
- Paul Kariya had two assists and Manny Legace made 34 saves.
Dallas 2, Vancouver 3 (story/highlights)
- Daniel Sedin scored twice and Roberto Luongo made 33 saves.
Phoenix 3, San Jose 2 (SO) (story)
- Peter Mueller scored the shootout-winner and Ilya Bryzgalov made 36 saves.
News and Views…
Carolina: Mike Commodore, Rod Brind’Amour and Andrew Ladd returned to the lineup.
Chicago: Assigned Magnus Johansson to Rockford… Peter Kuc of the Chicago Tribune talks about Cam Barker’s delayed call up to the Hawks. (more...)
Los Angeles: Daniel Taylor was re-assigned to Reading of the ECHL.
Montreal: Guillaume Latendresse returned from an upper body injury… Jack Todd of the Montreal Gazette says that the Alex Ovechkin to Montreal rumor has legs. (more...)
Nashville: GM David Poile likes the Predators lineup despite recent struggles and isn’t planning any changes. (more...)
San Jose: Jeremy Roenick returned from a knee injury he missed five games with.
What’s on tap…
Los Angeles at Columbus, 7:00 p.m.
Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
N.Y. Islanders at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
N.Y. Rangers at Colorado, 9:00 p.m.
Dallas at Calgary, 9:00 p.m.
New Jersey at Edmonton, 9:00 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, will return Dec. 30.