Alex Auld made 44 saves for his second win as a Bruin.
Tampa Bay 1, Toronto 6 (story/highlights)
- Mats Sundin, Chad Kilger, Kyle Wellwood, Hal Gil and Nik Antropov all had two-point nights.
Edmonton 4, Dallas 5 (OT) (story/highlights)
- Matt Niskanen had three points and Brendan Morrow scored the overtime-winner.
Vancouver 2, Los Angeles 4 (story/highlights)
- Dustin Brown had a two point night and J.S. Aubin turned aside 29 shots.
Boston 4, Buffalo 1 (story/highlights)
- Marc Savard had two points and Alex Auld earned his second win as a Bruin with 44 saves.
New Jersey 2, Washington 3 (story/highlights)
- John Erskine had assists on Washington’s final two goals and Olaf Kolzig made 20 saves.
Anaheim 4, Columbus 3 (OT) (story/highlights)
- Corey Perry had two goals and Chris Pronger scored the game-winning goal in overtime.
Detroit 2, Nashville 1 (story/highlights)
- Detroit scored both goals in the first period and the winner, by Valtteri Filppula, was converted on a penalty shot.
News and Views…
Anaheim: Bruno St. Jacques was recalled from Portland and signed to a one-year contract.
Boston: Marco Sturm was hit in the eye with a puck in Monday’s game and did not return.
Carolina: Luke DeCock of the Raleigh News and Observer writes about the impression Michael Leighton is leaving on Hurricanes management with his play in the AHL. (more...)
Chicago: Assigned Colin Fraser to Rockford.
Colorado: Adrian Dater of the Denver Post says Joe Sakic will return to the ice this week, but will not play in either Wednesday or Thursday’s games. (more...)
Dallas: Antti Miettinen returned after missing three games with a groin injury.
Detroit: Promoted Ken Holland and Jim Nill and added Steve Violetta to the front office staff (more...)
Edmonton: Assigned Jonas Almtorp to Springfield.
Los Angeles: Assigned Gabe Gauthier to Manchester and recalled Jeff Giuliano… Matthew Kredell of the Los Angeles Daily News writes that Alexander Frolov is close to returning. (more...)
Minnesota: Jacques Lemaire wants more from his skill players and called the current situation an “emergency” writes John Shipley of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. (more...)
New Jersey: A senate budget committee approved a bill which allows the city to impose a ticket tax. (more...)
Philadelphia: Traded Jussi Timonen to Dallas for a conditional draft pick.
Phoenix: Recalled Keith Yandle from San Antonio.
Tampa Bay: Brad Richards left Monday’s game against Toronto with an apperent left leg injury… John Tortorella said that the nucleus of this team is staying together and any trade rumors are false, writes Damian Cristodero of the St. Petersburg Times. (more...)
Vancouver: Iain MacIntyre of the Vancouver Sun writes that Roberto Luongo is injured and his rib has been bothering him for a few days. (more...)
What’s on tap…
Pittsburgh at Philadelphia, 7:00 p.m.
Tampa Bay at Montreal, 7:30 p.m.
Calgary at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Edmonton at St. Louis, 8:30 p.m.
Minnesota at San Jose, 10:30 p.m.
The Hockey News Daily Dish, a roundup of all the previous day’s news, appears each morning only on THN.com.