Boston Bruins\' Patrice Bergeron takes a slap shot during a morning skate Thursday, March 20, 2008 in Boston. Bergeron has been out of the lineup since suffering a concussion and broken nose October 27th in a game against the Philadelphia Flyers.THE ASSOCIATED PRESS/Mary Schwalm
BOSTON - Boston Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron, who missed most of the season with a concussion, has been cleared for the playoffs.
Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said Bergeron was cleared Monday after being examined by his doctors.
He later practised with full contact. He began practising last month, but did not take part in full contact workouts.
Chiarelli said the team would see how Bergeron responds in practice before deciding whether he'll play in the first-round playoff series against Montreal.
Bergeron said he won't play in Thursday's series opener.
He was knocked unconscious in his 10th game of the season last October when Philadelphia Flyers defenceman Randy Jones hit him from behind and smashed his face into the glass.