In the August issue, we recap the NHL's sizzling summer, from the intriguing draft to the madness of free agency. We take an in-depth look at No. 1 overall pick Aaron Ekblad (is he the next Nick Lidstrom?) and detail what all the signings and trades mean for each team. Also in the issue:
• Why the Sabres are playing a perilous game with their off-season additions
• Will Leon Draisaitl be the final component needed to end Edmonton’s decade-long rebuild?
• Draft Grades for all 30 NHL teams: who gets an ‘A’ and who doesn’t make the cut?
• Long looks at Jason Spezza’s move to Dallas and Matt Niskanen’s change to Washington
• Features on Ryan Kesler, Brad Richards, Thomas Vanek, James Neal, Paul Stastny and Ryan Miller
• Ken Campbell explains why the Dallas Stars are now a true contender in the West
• The NHL’s Top 10 shootout artists
• Our plan for a 16-team World Cup of Hockey
• Why the death of baseball great Tony Gwynn should be a wakeup call for hockey players who chew tobacco
• The heroic story of Joe Vicario, who’s endured more than 30 surgeries but won’t let that stop him from getting to the rink
• Adam Proteau takes a look at why Detroit is no longer a destination for free agents
• How Canucks fan favorite Gino Odjick won’t stop helping others despite facing a terminal illness
• A look back at the New York Americans, the Rangers early-days rival led by mob money
• We check in with Mike Krushelnyski to see what this “15-million dollar man” is up to nowadays.
• Our 2014 Skate Buyer’s Guide
• And much, much more.