In the June 2013 edition of THN...
• It’s THN’s Awards Issue – from MVP to the wackiest of honors we’ve got you covered.
• Editor in chief Jason Kay reviews what might need to be done to fix faceoff fairness.
• We look at what big time minute munchers do to survive the grind of the NHL playoffs.
• Potential draft picks have the regular season, but also plenty of other opportunities to impress NHL scouts.
• Jim Nill has found just the fit he was looking for as the new GM of the Dallas Stars.
• A group of triplets are making a splash in a B.C. junior league.
• In New York, a Bronx arena project gets the backing of a former NHL superstar.
• Shot-blocking has long been held as the crown jewel of defensive achievements in the NHL, but is their reason to doubt its importance?
• We look at the success of Ottawa coach Paul MacLean and how he managed to lead a team without it’s three biggest stars to the playoffs.
• In Proteau Type, Adam looks at the payroll problems that will greet the 2013-2014 Vancouver Canucks and how it all could have been prevented.
• Chris Campoli fought tooth and nail to get players the best deal possible during the lockout and now he finds himself fighting to get back on an NHL roster.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell takes a look at the revenue machine that is the NHL and how it is recovering from the lockout with all the Original Six teams making a return the playoffs.