Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, below, reacts as he and U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, far left, and Mass. Gov. Deval Patrick, center, listen to FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard DesLauriers, far right, speak during a news conference in Boston Tuesday, April 16, 2013 regarding two bombs which exploded in the street near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, killing at least three people and injuring more than 140. (AP Photo/Elise Amendola)
TORONTO - There won't be an NHL playoff bet between the mayors of Boston and Toronto.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford had contacted the mayor of Boston, but in light of last month's marathon bombing, the request was turned down.
The first game of the Eastern Conference quarter-final goes Wednesday night in Boston.
Ford is encouraging Toronto residents to wear blue in honour of the Leafs as they take on the Bruins in their first playoff game in nearly a decade.
And he predicts the Maple Leafs will win the first round matchup in six games.
Ford says he accepts Boston Mayor Thomas Menino's decision not to bet on the series.
"What happened down there is a lot more important than a hockey game," Ford said.