In the May 20 edition of THN...
• The hunt for the Stanley Cup begins and THN presents our playoff preview. We break down the strengths and weaknesses of each playoff team and project our favorites to win it all in June.
• Editor in chief Jason Kay compares the current Pittsburgh Penguins to the 1992 team that won the Stanley Cup.
• We look at what the right combination of veterans is on a Stanley Cup champion team. Is there such thing as too much experience?
• How the 2013 World Championship will provide a sneak peek into who could make their country’s team for the 2014 Olympics.
• We look at the Women’s World Championship and ahead to the Olympics, where it looks like it will continue to be a two-team race for gold, though more teams will compete for bronze.
• Celebrating Moscow Dynamo, who defended its KHL Gagarin Cup title and got a little help from Alex Ovechkin along the way.
• Which teams in the NHL are running out of time to win a championship? We look at a few teams whose window is closing.
• The Maple Leafs are back in the playoffs for the first time since the 2004-05 lockout. It was a long, long time coming.
• We give the non-playoff teams a little love in team notes, with features on Erik Gudbranson and Roman Josi.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell writes why he thinks the Washington Capitals are a good pick to win the Stanley Cup.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now