• It’s our Women’s Issue, where Tessa Bonhomme is the face of the sport and a professional league tries to get off the ground.
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes about the inclusion of women in the Hockey Hall of Fame and wonders why none have been inducted since the first two, Cammi Granato and Angela James, in 2010.
• In the THN Inbox, the best letters to the editor are printed, THN twitter followers answer the question “Who is the world’s best female player?” and Adam Proteau answers your questions in the mailbag.
• Inside Hockey looks at two huge Canadian markets ready to buy their way into the NHL through expansion; plus-minus presents the best and worst of the hockey world; looking at some of the players lower on the professional food chain and how the NHL lockout effects them; reviewing NHL 13; and more.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes that players have every right to sign in Europe during an NHL lockout.
• Meghan Agosta’s goal is to become the best women’s player on the planet. Some people think she already is, writes Ken Campbell.
• Few players have had as much impact on the women’s game as Hayley Wickenheiser and she is nowhere near done her work.
• The NCAA’s all-time assist leader, Julie Chu, dabbled in figure skating and soccer before she fell in love with hockey.
• Donna Spencer writes why Tessa Bonhomme is the face of women’s hockey and the sport’s renaissance woman.
• Ryan Kennedy takes a look at the state of the CWHL, the professional women’s league, and explains why it is a long-term project.
• We look at the investment being made in the women’s game by the IIHF, in hopes of improving competition at the international level.
• We catch up with goalie Manon Rheaume, 20 years after she became the first woman to play in the NHL.
• In the women’s issue, we keep our eye on NHLers in Europe and break down who is playing where and in what league.
• We also preview the upcoming NCAA hockey season, from Michigan’s tough blueline to Notre Dame’s great expectations and much more.
• In Last Minute of Play, Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle provides readers with a challenge, Jersey Hound looks at the new third jersey of the Saint John Sea Dogs, and more.
• In overtime, journalist Sarah McLellan, beat writer for the Phoenix Coyotes, writes about what inspired her to get into hockey writing.