• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes why we didn’t pick the most solid team on paper to win its conference.
• The THN Inbox shares the best letters to the editor and features Ask Adam.
• Inside Hockey looks at the labor war, plus-minus shares the best and worst of the hockey world, and more.
• Talking to those involved, we look back at the Canada-Russia Summit Series from 40 years ago.
• In our cover story, Ken Campbell analyzes the arrival of Rick Nash in New York and what it means to the Rangers’ Stanley Cup aspirations.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes that Philadelphia needs consistency.
• In Beyond the Spotlight, Eric Zweig writes about the first pro hockey games in California, featuring the Stanley Cup champion Seattle Metropolitans and Montreal Canadiens.
• NHL team reports feature depth charts for all 30 teams and notes from around the league.
• Prospect Report looks at Patrick Sieloff, Alexander Khokhlachev and Jack Campbell.
• Backchecking catches up with former NHLer Andrew Cassels.
• Last Minute of Play features Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle, Jersey Hound and more.
• And in Overtime, Ken Campbell writes that the new owners of the Maple Leafs won’t necessarily bring change to the standard of the on-ice product.