• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes that imperfection is what makes sports beautiful.
• The THN Inbox prints the best letters to the editor and Adam Proteau answers your questions on Roberto Luongo and being tossed from the faceoff in the mailbag.
• Inside Hockey explores why picking goalies late in the draft is safer than selecting that position early; we get the lowdown on players-only meetings and their importance; we look at Vyacheslav Kozlov’s career, which is winding down in Russia; and more.
• We catch up with some of the people involved in the Easter Epic, the NHL’s longest Game 7, to get a feel for what went down that historic night.
• Ken Campbell follows Mike Smith’s trek from the bottom of the scrap heap to the top of the goalie hill as he makes a charge towards the Cup with the Phoenix Coyotes.
• Adam Proteau, meanwhile, writes about the mild-mannered Kings goalie Jonathan Quick, who sticks out like a sore thumb in a room full of engaged athletes.
• We also look at the other goalie stories from these playoffs and discover how each ‘tender got to the position they’re currently in.
• Adam Proteau wants more change and suggests the NHL needs another referee.
• In Team Reports, we look at how Winnipeg’s gamble on Mark Scheifele still looks fair, plus we break down the top prospects by position in each of the NHL’s 30 organizations and note who is ready to step in next season.
• Prospect Report catches up with Brandon Gormley, who has one last shot at a Memorial Cup with Shawinigan.
• Last Minute of Play features Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle, a blast from the past picture of Toronto’s Nick Metz, and an old Seattle Totems sweater in Jersey Hound.
• Finally, in Overtime, Ken Campbell writes Marc Bergevin’s playful nature won’t help him at all as Montreal GM and that all he’ll be judged on is success or failure.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now