In the April 16 issue of The Hockey News:
• It’s that time of year again, so we present our playoff preview. Prepare yourself: the warriors are coming out to play.
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes that, under the current CBA, it can be difficult to turn a team around and that makes it difficult to please a fan base.
• The THN Inbox prints the best letters to the editor, displays the results of an online poll and Adam Proteau answers your questions in Ask Adam.
• Inside Hockey statistically breaks down penalty calls and proves that the difference between the regular and post-season is negligible; we show the best and worst of the hockey world in plus-minus; we catch up with the Benilde St-Margaret’s Red Knights high school team, who won the Minnesota State championship after one of their players, Jack Jablonski, was paralyzed earlier this season.
• Ken Campbell looks at Jason Spezza’s resurgence and how his play has catapulted the Sens back to the playoffs.
• We look at the return of Alexander Radulov to the Predators, a development that was just fine with his forgiving teammates.
• Each team gets its own playoff breakdown, complete with Stanley Cup odds, best fantasy options and much more.
• Team reports note at all the non-playoff teams and takes a featured look at Devin Setoguchi and P-A Parenteau.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes why the Bruins will be in tough to repeat.
• Prospect Report looks at Nikita Gusev, Andreas Athanasiou and catches up with Dougie Hamilton.
• Backchecking features Brian Bellows, who nearly won the Cup with Minnesota, before ultimately winning in Montreal.
• Last Minute of Play features Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle, Jersey Hound looks at Bjorkloven IK, and more.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell writes why any notion the Blue Jackets should not draft Russian Nail Yakupov because of his nationality is bogus.