In the March 19 issue of The Hockey News:
• We polled NHL players as to who the best in the NHL is and came out with a ranking of the Top 50 in the league today. Who’s No. 1 and who got snubbed?
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes about how, even though players are drilled about defense, they still love offense as much as the rest of us.
• In the THN Inbox, the best letters to the editor are printed, the results of an online poll are revealed and Adam Proteau answers questions on Henrik Lundqvist, Paul Ranger and length of shifts.
• Inside Hockey looks at the tight playoff race for No. 8 in the East and the Southeast Division title; Before I Made It looks at Keith Yandle’s road to the NHL; Ken Campbell looks at the surprising seconds that can come to GMs who sign undrafted college free agents; and we remember legendary sports writer Trent Frayne.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes about the New Jersey devils situation and how, even though they’ve been in do-or-die mode for a few years, a playoff push should surprise no one.
• In Team Reports, we look at the turnaround from Eric Staal, the great ‘Hitch’ fix in St. Louis and much more. Plus, we include notes on each of the NHL’s 30 teams.
• In Prospect Report, we look at Buffalo prospect Jerome Gauthier-Leduc, who is a former forward bringing offensive flair to the Rimouski Oceanic blueline; draft-eligible goalie Oscar Dansk, who is turning heads in Sweden; and Kitchener’s new Czech import, Radek Faska.
• In Last Minute of Play, Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle provides readers with a challenge, Jersey Hound features the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles’ alternate; and we take a Blast From the Past with Bobby Orr.
• Finally, in Overtime, Ken Campbell looks at the debate sparked by Lightning GM Steve Yzerman that would allow some junior-aged players to stay in the AHL rather than be dispatched back to their junior team.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now