In the Feb. 13 issue of The Hockey News:
• The Hockey News tips its hat to Erik Karlsson in our cover story “King Karlsson.”
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay makes Sens of Ottawa’s success this season.
• In Inside Hockey, we talk to Rob Schriner about ending a 13-year retirement to rescue a team in a roster pinch; There’s no place like home for St. Louis and Detroit who have white-hot records in familiar confines; Worcester Sharks’ head coach Roy Sommer regales us with a tale about his road to 500 career wins; and much more.
• Ryan Kennedy profiles rookie and Calder Trophy hopeful Adam Henrique.
• In Team Reports, we pry Zach Parise about trade rumors; Blueshirts blueliners Dan Girardi and Michael Del Zotto have come into their own; Kris Versteeg tells us Florida feels like home after playing in four cities in his five NHL seasons; Valtteri Filppula has the look of a seasoned vet in his young career; Jared Spurgeon proves that small D-men can thrive among the giants; and much more.
• In Prospect Report we scout out Western Michigan defenseman Danny DeKeyser who is being surveyed by GMs Steve Yzerman, Joe Nieuwendyk and Brian Burke, just to name a few; Cristoval ‘Boo’ Nieves tells us about his scary dedication to off-ice training.
• The Hockey News back checks Paul Henderson in his battle with cancer and how he’s resurging as a role model once again.
• In Last Minute of Play, Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle provides a challenge and Jersey Hound checks out the Rangers’ Winter Classic throwbacks.
• And finally, in Overtime, Ken Campbell explains why the Sabres’ spending didn’t pay off.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now