• In our cover story, we catch up with Jaromir Jagr, who is enjoying his return to the NHL with the Philadelphia Flyers.
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes about Jaromir Jagr returning to the debate of best European of all-time.
• In the THN Inbox, the best letters to the editor are printed, the results of an online poll are revealed, and your questions are answered in Ask Adam.
• Inside Hockey looks at the new NHL divisional alignment, looks at a new book about how GMs manage their teams, the Bruins comeback after a slow start, and much more.
• Minnesota beat writer Michael Russo explores how the Minnesota Wild have improved under GM Cliff Fletcher and coach Mike Yeo.
• Ken Campbell looks at Florida’s Tomas Fleischmann, his comeback from a severe blood clot in his leg and how he copes today.
• Do coach firings actually work? We look at the historical results after a team makes a mid-season replacement behind the bench.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau says the NHL has to protect its goalies like the NFL protects its quarterbacks.
• Ryan Kennedy heads our world junior preview with breakdowns and predictions on each team in the international event.
• In our NHL team reports, we look at Dale Hunter’s return to Washington as coach, Brian Elliott’s breakout with the Blues, and provide detailed depth charts of all 30 teams.
• In Beyond the Spotlight, we show off some of Glen Green’s art of hockey’s all-time greats.
• In Backchecking, we catch up with Dennis Hull.
• In Last Minute of Play, Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle provides a challenge, Jersey Hound features the new Sherbrooke Phoenix look, and our Blast From the Past shows Phil Esposito trying to get through the Blues.
• And finally, in Overtime, Ken Campbell writes that fighting only increases the chances of brain injuries, which is why it’s time to snuff it out.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now