In the Dec. 19 issue of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it from the THN store, digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• Ken Campbell goes on a road trip with the Washington Capitals and writes about his time with the team during a tough stretch.
• In his Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay writes about the impact the return of Sidney Crosby will have on the league, its revenues and Alex Ovechkin.
• In the THN Inbox the best letters to the editor are printed, your ultimate hockey road trips are shared, the results of an online poll are revealed and Adam Proteau answers your questions in the mailbag.
• Inside Hockey looks at how players cope with being traded and having to move to a new locale; catches up with Theo Fleury, who travelled across Canada to teach important lessons to kids; an eye witness looks back at the tragic Swift Current Broncos bus crash that killed four players; and much more.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes about how the NHLPA is stepping up to address concussions, but that fringe players with jobs to lose deserve the same care as superstars.
• Ryan Kennedy writes about the return of Sidney Crosby to the Penguins – a team that learned to be lethal even without him.
• Backchecking catches up with Frank ‘Seldom’ Beaton, a character from the 1970s who is full of colorful tales.
• In the NHL Team Reports we look at Jason Garrison’s fast start in Florida with Brian Campbell as his partner, Kari Lehtonen’s improved work ethic and all-around game, plus we include depth charts for all 30 NHL teams and much more.
• Prospect Report looks at the noise being made by Reid Boucher and his quick shot in Sarnia, the tremendous impact Phil Di Giuseppe has had in Michigan and the hype surrounding Swede Pontus Aberg.
• In Last Minute of Play, Larry Humber’s crossword provides a challenge to readers and Jersey Hound takes a peek at the Flyers’ Winter Classic sweaters.
• And in Overtime, Ken Campbell writes that a second NHL team in the Toronto area is a certainty.