In the Nov. 14, 2011 edition of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it from the THN store, digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• It’s our ‘How to Be Hated’ issue and we explain why we hate the spiffy and talented Henrik Lundqvist and also look into other ways to be hated in the NHL.
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes about how hating in sports is OK…to a point.
• In the THN Inbox, the best letters to the editor are printed and Adam Proteau answers questions on Ryan Miller and visors.
• Inside Hockey looks at how a unique CBA circumstance has given youngsters a higher price tag, breaks down in NHL player Twitter use by country, bids adieu to the Alabama-Huntsville hockey program and more.
• Adam Proteau writes about three things he hates in the game.
• We rank the top 10 all-time most hated players.
• Beyond the Spotlight rememebers Swedish sports icon Sven Tumba who passed away in 2011.
• Team Reports looks at the faith Devils coach Pete DeBoer has in star player Ilya Kovalchuk, the tragic off-ice loss of Nashville’s Jonathon Blum, plus a complete depth chart for each of the NHL’s 30 teams.
• Prospect Report catches up with Morgan Rielly (that’s right ‘Rielly’) of the Moose Jaw Warriors, looks at the stash of Russians in Washington and the next one coming down the line, Evgeny Kuznetsov, and also how the ECHL is a benefit to developing goalies.
• Best of the Books looks at THN’s latest project “Hockey’s Most Amazing Records.”
• In Last Minute of Play, Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle provides readers with a challenge, Jersey Hound shows off the look of the Salmon Arm Silverbacks, and the Blast From the Past has Rogie Vachon.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell writes about how the NHL lacks a leader to implement an obviously-needed visor mandate.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now