• Pavel Datsyuk revealed: Detroit's superstar, the NHL’s most anonymous celebrity, opens up to THN at his summer kids camp in his hometown of Ekaterinburg, Russia.
• In his Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay writes about the evolving world of Twitter and how hockey has embraced social media.
• In the THN Inbox, Adam Proteau answers questions on dark horses and the pressures athletes face, plus the best letters to the editor are printed.
• Inside Hockey looks at the four new NHL coaches who have never led a bench at the highest level before, Brian Costello writes why rookie will have a hard time posting big point totals this season, plus-minus outlines the best and worst of the hockey world and we look closer at the history of the Winnipeg Jets nickname.
• Jason Jaffray, a friend and former teammate of the late Rick Rypien, writes about the tragic passing of the Winnipeg Jet and player tweets on the subject are shared.
• Ryan Kennedy looks at the New York Islanders’ latest failed attempt at a new arena and how it will impact where the team plays a few years down the line.
• Our team reports feature Jeff Skinner, Carolina’s exemplary youngster, how Steve Sullivan will help the Penguins power play, why Ian White is a perfect fit in Detroit and Cam Barker, the third overall pick from 2004 who is still trying to find his NHL game. Plus, we include depth charts complete with first power play unit, individual cap hits and key departures.
• In the Prospect Report, we look at the NCAA’s lackluster recruiting class as players beat the path to major junior, plus we look at the top pick in the Canadian League import draft, Olli Maatta.
• Beyond the Spotlight looks at the first NHL player to hail from the Eastern Bloc, Jaroslav Jirik.
• In Last Minute of Play, Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle provides a challenge to readers, Jersey Hound features the newest team in the Quebec League, the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada and our Blast from the Past shows off Murph Chamberlain in boxing gloves.
• And finally, in Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes about the new rules tested at the NHL’s second annual Research and Development Camp.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now