• In our cover story, we choose and debate our award winners including MVP, comeback player, toughest player, best defensive defenseman and more.
• In the Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay looks into the parity of division winners in the first three years after the lockout compared to the past three.
• Inside Hockey looks at blocking shots, Johnny Bower’s days playing road hockey, the battle between major junior and NCAA for recruiting players and more.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell dissects Paul Holmgren’s work as GM of the Philadelphia Flyers.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau discusses eligibility for the Calder Trophy and the true meaning of the Hart Trophy.
• The THN Inbox provides Adam Proteau’s answers to your questions and our favorite letters to the editor are printed.
• Our team reports detail Corey Perry’s rise as a Hart Trophy candidate; we list each team’s MVP, top rookie, toughest player, comeback player, best bargain and most overpaid; and more.
• Our Prospect Report profiles Justin Faulk of the University of Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs.
• Beyond the Spotlight features the unique story of Tenzing Coburn who was born a Nepali-Tibetan Buddhist, was adopted by a Harvard graduate working in Nepal and will join Northfield Mount Hermon, a Division I prep school in Massachusetts, next season.
• We delve into how popular the World Championship is in Europe and why people are against the 2014 tournament being held in Minsk, Belarus.
• Last Minute of Play features a Jersey Devils jersey from the Eastern League, two players with a lot of Hart and a crossword puzzle for the hockey trivia buffs.