• Our cover story focuses on Chicago Blackhawks grinder Jake Dowell and how his family’s battle with Huntington’s disease has affected his life and why he is choosing not to get tested for it right now.
• In the Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay makes note of the NHL’s top greybeards.
• Inside Hockey discusses the importance of role players in the playoffs, the end to an historical Canadian Women’s League season, how Cam Ward and Carey Price stand in history and more.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell discusses why a hot Carey Price won’t be enough to end Montreal’s 18-year Cup drought.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau explains why Sharks GM Doug Wilson isn’t likely to break up the team, even if they underachieve in the playoffs again this year.
• In the THN Inbox we publish the best letters to the editor and share the results of a recent poll.
• Our team reports highlight each squad’s unsung hero, while the conference reports look into the Coyotes’ emergence into a top team on the ice despite their off-ice struggles and why John Tavares isn’t leaving Long Island any time soon.
• Our Prospect Report focuses on future NHLers Ryan Strome of the Niagara Ice Dogs, Nathan MacKinnon of Shattuck-St. Mary’s and Sweden’s Mika Zibanejad.
• We try to figure out just how Teemu Selanne has stayed so dangerous even after turning 40.
• Beyond the Spotlight looks back at the career of Dave, the other Dryden, and his lasting contribution to the game.
• Last Minute of Play looks at the Spokane Chiefs’ new jersey, Norm Barnes’ year-long playoff beard, and a crossword puzzle for all the hockey trivia experts out there.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now