• Our cover story focuses on the Bruins’ Tim Thomas and his climb back to being one of the NHL’s top netminders after a difficult season last year.
• In the Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay discusses why it is unfair to label Zdeno Chara as a poster boy for head shots.
• Inside Hockey takes a closer look at spoiler teams; the ramifications of finding CTE in Bob Probert’s brain; the sellout streak of the Central League’ Colorado Eagles; the longest college game; and second-longest game in North American hockey history; and more.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell discusses why it is time for senior VP of hockey operations and head disciplinarian Colin Campbell to step down.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau looks at the turnaround of the Tampa Bay Lightning and how the main pieces have always been there.
• Ryan Dixon looks at players with big NHL contracts who are playing in the minors.
• Our annual Summer Hockey School Guide discusses the different types of hockey camps and what to look for when choosing one.
• In the THN Inbox, we post the best letters to the editor and release the results of a recent THN.com poll.
• Our team reports focus on Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers and how the San Jose Sharks turned their season around; we also offer tidbits on every team and depth charts featuring player salaries, upcoming RFAs and UFAs, injuries and more.
• The Prospect Report profiles Tomas Jurco of the Quebec League’s Saint John Sea Dogs and Viktor Tikhonov of the American League’s San Antonio Rampage.
• Beyond The Spotlight goes further into the life of hockey pioneer Mike Marson, who was the second black player to reach the NHL.
• Last Minute Of Play features Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle, Jersey Hound showcases the Saskatoon Blades and our Blast from the Past comes courtesy of Gary ‘The Cobra’ Simmons.