• Our cover story profiles Philadelphia Flyers center Danny Briere and how he is continuing his hot play from last year’s playoffs despite a tremendous amount of adversity.
• In the Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay looks at hero Joe Lozito and how reducing the physicality of the game may cause the average fan to lose interest.
• Inside Hockey looks at the recent trend of trading young players; the lefty vs. righty debate; what would have happened if Shea Weber didn’t play for the Kelowna Rockets; plus-minus goes over the best and worst of the hockey world; and more.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell discusses how the aspect of having lower-seeded teams end up with the highest draft picks is flawed and he presents a possible solution.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau looks at how many stars have had their career shortened due to concussions and introduces ideas from seven experts that may help curb injuries.
• In the THN Inbox, the best letters to the editor are printed; we post results of a recent THN.com poll; and Adam Proteau answers your questions
• Our team reports look at Drew Stafford and why he is enjoying a breakout season; why Nashville’s acquisition of Mike Fisher may be their best yet; we offer depth charts for every team including power play units, injuries, this summer’s UFAs and RFAs, player salaries and more.
• Our Prospect Report profiles Garrett Meurs of the Ontario League’s Plymouth Whalers and Max, Griffin and Sam Reinhart of the Western League.
• Beyond the Spotlight takes a look back at Larry ‘King’ Kwong, the first non-white player in the NHL; plus why referees across the U.S. are taking a hike in support of breast cancer research.
• Last Minute of Play features a challenging crossword puzzle; The Connecticut Whale in Jersey Hound; and Darryl Sittler battling an old rival.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now