In the Feb. 14, 2011 edition of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it from the THN store, digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• Vancouver Canucks center Ryan Kesler has always had an in-your-face attitude, but now he’s piling up points and is a key part of Vancouver lineup. In this week’s cover story we look at the making of this monster.
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes about why Kesler, despite his important role with the Canucks, likely won’t be considered as a Hart Trophy candidate, even though he should be in the conversation.
• In the THN inbox, the best letters to the editor are printed and Adam Proteau answers your questions on Craig Anderson, empty net goals and Cory Schneider.
• Inside Hockey looks at Anaheim’s Corey Perry, who is piling up points and penalty minutes; Hockey Night in Canada’s Ron MacLean writes about how he grew closer to hockey in the Yukon; the best and worst of the hockey world is included in plus/minus; and much more.
• Ryan Kennedy catches up with Colorado’s Matt Duchene, who is leading the Avalanche revival as a maturing sophomore.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes that Sidney Crosby taking a stance against head shots after he sustained a concussion shouldn’t diminish the message he is trying to express.
• The 2011 summer hockey school guide.
• In Beyond the Spotlight, we look at Stephen Lynch’s attempt to grow hockey in Ireland from a niche sport into a past time.
• In our NHL Team Reports, we look at how the Rangers draft record has improved since the lockout; Henrik Zetterberg has stepped up in a big way for Detroit through their injury problems; plus we include depth charts for every NHL team, complete with first power play unit, injuries, and how the next to be called up is.
• The Prospect Report catches up with Tyson Barrie of the Western League’s Kelowna Rockets, Sweden’s Anton Lander and Sean Kuraly of the United States League’s Indiana Ice.
• In Last Minute of Play Larry Humber’s crossword provides readers with a challenge; Jersey Hound looks back at the Des Moines Buccaneers sweaters from the late-80s and early-‘90s; and the Blast From the Past showcases Henry Boucha of the Red Wings.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell writes about all the things that make hockey awesome!
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now