In the Jan. 17, 2011 edition of The Hockey News:
• It’s our annual People of Power and Influence issue, where we rank the top 100 most important people in the world of hockey. Find out who finished at No. 1 and who missed the cut altogether.
• Ken Campbell explores the Top 40, Under 40, guys who are growing in influence and may make the top 00 list in years to come.
• In his editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes about the power brokers who will decide on whether or not to send the NHL to the 2014 Winter Olympics and that maybe it’s time to take a break.
• In the THN Inbox, the best letters to the editor are posted, the results of our online poll are released and Adam Proteau answers your questions in Ask Adam.
• Inside Hockey looks into the NHL’s TV deal in the United States that’s coming to an end and how the league is trying to break new ground; we also take a peek at some interesting marketing ideas to get fans to the arena.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau talks to IIHF president Rene Fasel about what’s been accomplished during his reign.
• The NHL Team Reports have depth charts for each team, complete with salary cap hits for each player; plus we look at Martin St-Louis’ quiet, yet successful season, Manny Malhotra’s key presence in Vancouver; and much more.
• In Prospect Watch we look at Ty Rattie of the WHL’s Portland Winterhawks, goalie Christipher Gibson of the QMJHL’s Chicoutimi Sagueneens, Philippe Houdon of the Connecticut high school circuit and Nail Yakupov of the OHL’s Sarnia Sting.
• In Last Minute of player Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle provides readers with a stiff test, Jersey Hound looks at Michigan’s outdoor uniforms and our blast from the past involves Boston’s Andre Savard taking a spill.
• In overtime, Ken Campbell writes that while the World Junior Championship grows in exposure, it’s starting to get too big for its own good.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now