In the Nov. 22, 2010 edition of The Hockey News:
• Montreal’s P.K. Subban has no fear of NHL competition and in this week’s cover story, Ryan Dixon takes a look at the rookie’s loud, abrasive and in-your-face style of game.
• In the editor’s notebook, Jason Kay writes about the overflow of European goalies and the decline in the number of Canadian masked men in the NHL.
• The THN inbox is full of your letters to the editor, the results of a THN.com poll on the leading Calder candidate, Adam Proteau answers readers’ questions on Steven Stamkos, tiebreakers and the St. Louis Blues.
• Inside Hockey looks at the tactic of pulling the goalie for an extra attacker, last year’s junior powerhouses that became this year’s pushovers, former NHL referee Andy Van Hellemond’s venture into the political arena and Tim Thomas’ new mask.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau argues that it’s time for the Calgary Flames to trade their captain and star, Jarome Iginla.
• In Rookie Report, we look at the Calder candidate who never actually was one, Alex Pietrangelo plus we take a peek at a few rookies who are flying under the radar.
• In our team reports, we look at Buffalo’s small rookie Tyler Ennis and Edmonton’s rookie trio as they learn to grow up as professional athletes. We also profile New York’s Derek Stepan, Boston’s Tyler Seguin, Atlanta’s Alexander Burmistrov, Detroit’s Jakub Kindl, Calgary’s Mikael Backlund and San Jose’s Logan Couture.
• In our Prospect Report we feature Linus Klasen of the Milwaukee Admirals, Mark McNeill of the Prince Albert Raiders, Swedish phenoms Rasmus Bengtsson and Victor Rask and Latvian Zemgus Girgensons.
• Our annual Holiday Gift Guide gives you ideas on what to get for the hockey fan in your family.
• Beyond the Spotlight catches up with retired sledge hockey champion Paul Rosen as he heads back to school.
• Backchecking looks at Bill Ranford’s career as he led the Oilers to a Stanley Cup and also how he got a taste of the silver screen while working for the Los Angeles Kings.
• In Las Minute of Play Larry Humber’s crossword provides a challenge and Jersey Hound analyzes the new look of the USHL’s Sioux City Musketeers.
• In Overtime, Ken Campbell compares both of the NHL’s conferences and how the West is so much better than the East.