In the Nov. 1 edition of The Hockey News:
• Long-time Dallas Star and Michigan native Mike Modano returns home to Detroit to suit up for the Red Wings 24 years after he left Motown to play junior. In our cover story, Bob Duff writes you can go home again.
• Ken Campbell makes a case for Flying Father Lou Costello to be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
• In the Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay writes about the feistiness of reporters and shares a few stories.
• In Crowd Shots, the best letters to the editor are published, Adam Proteau answers reader questions on the Edmonton Oilers, Mike Comrie’s number and more.
• Inside the NHL takes a look at a few of the surprise rookies around the NHL, including Jeff Skinner of the Carolina Hurricanes; we also look at fighters who aren’t what they appear to be; and the impact of player agent Scott Norton on Twitter.
• In the Slot, Ken Campbell writes about the lack of rhyme or reason to the NHL’s suspension decisions.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau writes about the women being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year and why they more than deserve the honor.
• In Team Reports, our correspondents look back at their favorite moments covering their team.
• In Prospects Unlimited we start in the AHL by looking at Greg Nemisz of the Abbottsford Heat and Jim O’Brien of the Binghamton Senators, then move to major junior to find out more about Montreal Canadiens first round pick and current London Knight, Jarred Tinordi.
• Last Minute of Play features Jersey Hound, looks at the Flying Fathers jersey; Larry Humber’s Crossword puzzle challenges readers; and Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre provides a laugh.
• In overtime, Eric Duhatschek writes about how the Los Angeles Kings have handled burgeoning No. 1 goalie Jonathan Quick.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now