In the August 2 issue of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• Ken Campbell tells the unlikely success stories of two up-and-coming NHLers Chris Stewart and Wayne Simmonds, who’ve conquered mountains of adversity to get to where they are today.
• In “Ask Adam”, Adam Proteau answers reader questions about new Preds captain Shea Webber and if the Caps would be better off shopping Mike Green.
• “Inside the NHL” takes a peek inside the mind of new Thrashers GM Rick Dudley and finds out how he plans to transform Atlanta. We also look at the growing number of prospects coming out of the state of California.
• “In the slot” columnist Ken Campbell talks about the Habs’ new ownership and how decisions made in the board room affect what happens on the ice.
• Columnist Adam Proteau breaks down some of the most bizarre off-season transactions in the NHL so far, including Olli Jokinen’s return to Calgary.
• Writer Ryan Dixon does an entry draft wrap and grades how well each team did in a report card.
• Can Hall live up to the hype? Writer Ryan Kennedy features Taylor Hall to find out if the first overall selection in the NHL draft can straighten the Oilers’ tailspin.
• In our 2010 skate buyers guide we pay tribute to the league’s fastest skaters. From east to west, Ovechkin to Lombardi, find out who’s blinding the NHL with their speed. An expert panel also breaks the products down skate-by-skate and tells you who’s wearing what.
• Our NHL team reports break down the new guys on each team after the bulk of trading and free agent signings have passed.
• In prospects unlimited, we take a look at the Hershey Bears’ Calder Cup-winning run and wonder if they’ve got what it takes to win three-straight American League championships. We also profile Rangers prospect Dylan McIlwrath, who was taken by the New York Rangers in the first round, 10th overall at this year’s draft.
• Overtime with Eric Duhatschek revisits the career of the late, great tough guy Bob Probert, who passed away unexpectedly last month.
• In last minute of play, writer Ryan Kennedy finds out more about Carolina first-rounder Jeff Skinner, who was a nationally recognized figure skater before becoming a 50-goal scorer in the OHL and an NHL prospect.