In the April 12 issue of The Hockey News:
• It's playoff time! In our cover story, we have an in-depth look at the overall playoff picture; who are the real contenders?
• Inside the NHL takes a look at who NHL players think will win the Stanley Cup. We also examine the upside and the downside of resting players before the playoffs and take a look at the Coyotes’ impressive season.
• In the Slot, Ken Campbell excuses our Stanley Cup prediction from the start of the year and goes over the good and the bad for each of the contending playoff teams.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau showcases the Pittsburgh Penguins talent and explains how they could be the first dynasty of the millennium.
• In Crowd Shots, we spend Two Minutes in the Box with Florida’s Michael Frolik, we show you our best Letters to the Editor and Adam Proteau answers your hockey questions in Ask Adam.
• On the Opinion Page, Ryan Dixon explains why he won’t get fooled by the San Jose Sharks this time around.
• NHL Team Reports breaks down each playoff team and also examines what went wrong with the teams that will not be in the post-season.
• We look at the best from around the AHL, NCAA and CHL in Prospects Unlimited, with features on Rockford’s Corey Crawford, Syracuse’s Tomas Kana and Chilliwack’s Ryan Howse. We also tell you what’s going on in the KHL and European League playoffs in the International Report.
• Inside the Numbers looks at playoff statistics and streaks both good and bad.
• In overtime with Eric Duhatschek, we look at the Chicago Blackhawks and what may keep them from winning the Stanley Cup.
• Last Minute of Play features Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre, Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle and Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, which features a classic Minnesota Fighting Saints jersey from the '70s.
• And we lend a helping hand to pick the winning playoff pool team by breaking down previous playoff performances and ranking players from superstar to last resort.