• We take a look at San Jose’s top line of Patrick Marleau, Joe Thornton and Dany Heatley and what they’ll mean to the Sharks’ Stanley Cup aspirations.
• With Alex Ovechkin getting all the attention in Washington, we put the spotlight on some others who have helped make the Capitals one of the league’s top teams.
• Ken Campbell examines Bob Gainey’s recent departure from Montreal and takes a look at what new GM Pierre Gauthier may have in store for Les Habitants.
• Ryan Kennedy looks at the Atlanta Thrashers and how its management has put them in the difficult situation the franchise is currently in.
• Inside the NHL talks to a couple of former NHL GMs about trades that were never made. Also, Ryan Dixon reviews this season’s trend of “streaking” while Ryan Kennedy shows off some equipment designed to keep players safe.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau takes a look at the legacy Brendan Burke has left behind.
• In Beyond the Spotlight, we profile former NHLer Sheldon Kannegiesser and his knack for poetry.
• In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek talks to Dallas Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk about his upcoming first trade deadline as a GM.
• NHL Team Reports examines what each club is looking for at this year’s trade deadline.
• In Crowd Shots, we spend 2 Minutes in the Box with Nicklas Backstrom, show you our best Letters to the Editor and Adam Proteau answers your questions in Ask Adam.
• Inside the Numbers takes a look at the level of difficulty of each team’s schedule as they head into the home stretch.
• Get the latest depth charts, including who’s injured, who’s on the first power play unit and who’s next in line for a call-up.
• Last Minute of Play features Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, which showcases a pair of jerseys from a recent Central League throwback game, as well as Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle and Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre cartoon.