In the Feb. 8 issue of The Hockey News:
• It’s Crosby vs. Ovechkin as Canada and Russia get set to renew one of hockey’s greatest rivalries at the 2010 Winter Olympics.
• We preview the men’s Olympic tournament and offer our predictions on what will happen in Vancouver. We take a look at each team’s first three games, as well as dissect the roster of each of the 12 nations.
• Christine Rivet takes a look at the women’s Olympic tournament and how some of the lesser-known teams are starting to catch up to the North American superpowers. Rivet also predicts how things will play out.
• Inside the Olympics examines the San Jose Sharks and the eight players they are sending to the Vancouver Olympics.
• Jason Kay takes a closer look at the possibility of the World Cup of Hockey returning and offers his ideas on making it more relevant.
• In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek examines the Nashville Predators and the keys to their consistent success.
• NHL Team Reports takes a look at each team’s best American League talent.
• In Crowd Shots, we spend Two Minutes in the Box with Curtis Glencross, show you our best Letters to the Editor and Adam Proteau answers your questions in Ask Adam.
• Inside the Numbers takes a look back at the AHL’s young guns and their incredible success this season.
• Last Minute of Play features Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, which showcases the Colorado Avalanche’s third jersey, as well as Larry Humber’s crossword puzzle and Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre cartoon.