In the Sept. 14 edition of The Hockey News:
Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
• In our cover story, Ken Campbell dissects the impact of Ray Emery in the city of brotherly love.
• Inside the NHL is off to Camp Datsyuk to see how the noble Russian spends his summer vacation.
• The Olympic tracker works out some combinations for Team Canada’s bruising blue line.
• In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek dives into the deep pool of Canadian pivots who might need to make the jump to the wing if they want a spot on the Olympic roster.
• Editor in chief Jason Kay looks past the playground games to see what is really hindering Jim Balsillie from owning, and moving, an NHL team.
• Ken Campbell’s In the Slot pays homage to one of the greatest captains in the storied history of the Maple Leafs – the late Ted Kennedy.
• Our 2009 Stick Buyer’s Guide.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau takes a look at the career of Jeremy Roenick and defends J.R.’s right to be immortalized in the Hall of Fame.
• Our NHL team reports discuss the battles for roster spots in all 30 training camps.
• Prospects Unlimited examines defensemen Mike Vernace of the Chicago Wolves and Joey Mormina of the Adirondack Phantoms.
• In Crowd Shots, the best Letters to the Editor are featured and Adam Proteau answers readers’ questions in Ask Adam.
• Our major junior preview gives you the low-down on the WHL, OHL and QMJHL: Players to watch, top 2010 draft prospects and which teams will be the ones to beat.
• The best and worst of hockey in plus/minus.
• Beyond the Spotlight follows player agent Rand Simon to Sierra Leone for an eye-opening experience.
• Last Minute of Play features Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre cartoon, Larry Humber’s hockey crossword puzzle and Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, featuring the Toledo Walleye of the ECHL.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now