• In our cover story, Adam Proteau writes why each team has a reason to be excited for the 2009-10 NHL season.
• Inside the NHL tells the story of Ryan Kraft, who crashed Pittsburgh’s Stanley Cup party.
• The Olympic tracker focuses on Team USA and the young faces who will be counted on.
• In Overtime, Eric Duhatschek explains how Anaheim GM Bob Murray is keeping the Anaheim Ducks competitive, despite shedding salary.
• Editor in chief Jason Kay explains why the Chicago Blackhawks have an awful lot of work to do to live up to their lofty expectations.
• Ken Campbell’s In the Slot discusses a group of teenagers who were promised a European tournament, before their hopes were dashed.
• Our 2009 Equipment Buyer’s Guide.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau proposes a trade of Miikka Kiprusoff for Evgeni Nabokov.
• On The Opinion Page, Ryan Kennedy explores the NHL-KHL divide and why the end is nowhere in sight.
• Our NHL team reports give you an update on what players have been doing with their summer vacations.
• Prospects unlimited examines Mike Funk of the Manitoba Moose, coach Greg Gilbert of the Adirondack Phantoms, and Eric Gelinas, a second round pick of the New Jersey Devils in this year’s NHL draft.
• In Crowd Shots, the best Letters to the Editor are featured and Adam Proteau answers readers’ questions in Ask Adam.
• The best and worst of hockey in plus/minus
• Last Minute of Play features Charlie Teljeur’s hockeysockpuppettheatre cartoon, Larry Humber’s hockey crossword puzzle and Ryan Kennedy’s Jersey Hound, featuring the WHA Quebec Nordiques