In the Sept. 30 issue of The Hockey News:
• It’s our 2008-09 Season Preview issue with predictions, previews and analysis on this year’s NHL campaign.
• THN ranks the top 20 NHL players at each position based on their projected performance.
• Detailed previews and predictions for both conferences.
• In his In The Slot column, senior writer Ken Campbell discusses five key issues that are worth watching as the 2008-09 season unfolds, including the NHL’s response to the Kontinental League and whether or not the NHL can maintain its vigilance on obstruction.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau examines the close relationship between two of the newest, nicest members of the NHL coaching fraternity: Bruce Boudreau and John Anderson.
• In Overtime, senior writer Mike Brophy says goodbye to THN after 16 years with the magazine and reflects back on his fondest memories.
• Editor-in-chief Jason Kay lists some of the NHL’s more intriguing storylines and says goodbye to ‘Broph’ in his Editor’s Notebook.
• The Wild’s James Sheppard answers your questions in Fan Shootout.
• Ken Campbell profiles new Kings defenseman Drew Doughty in our Rookies section and offers up eight other first-year players in the running for the Calder Trophy.
• Mike Brophy looks at the legacy of Montreal GM Bob Gainey and what it will take for the Canadiens to win their 25th Stanley Cup.
• On the Opinion Page, Rob Tychkowski examines the up-and-coming Oilers, led by Ales Hemsky.
• Check out what’s happening with your favorite team, as well as updated depth charts in our Team Reports.
• Starting From 10 runs down the top under-the-radar players heading into the new season.
• We look forward to the top UFAs for next summer, in Inside the NHL.
• Mike Keenan and Dave Tippett explain how they send a message to their teams in My Way or the Highway.
• What’s Blues blueliner Erik Johnson listening to? We have the answer in Rockin’ Out.
• We answer your questions in our Ask The Experts feature.
• Inside the Numbers examines the NHL’s best opening-night producers over the past decade and beyond.
• Readers get their say in Letters to the Editor
• Jersey Hound sets its sights on the Elmira Jackals
• And much, much more.