In the April 8 issue of The Hockey News:
• It’s playoff time. We preview all the teams involved and bring you our Stanley Cup odds and predictions.
• In his In The Slot column, senior writer Ken Campbell goes myth-busting on the realities of the playoffs.
• Inside the NHL: Officials, like players, must earn their way through the playoffs.
• In his Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay writes, instead of adding more games to the regular season, the league should instead add more games, and teams, to the playoffs.
• In the Playoff Preview, we profile Brad Richards and Brian Rafalski, two recent additions trying to return their new teams to old heights.
• In our Ask The Experts feature, we tell you who gets the win if a goalie is pulled due to injury, and who assigns roommates on the road.
• In Proteau Type, Adam Proteau examines four teams that are feeling the pressure to succeed in the playoffs more than others.
• We give you our official prediction of who will win the 2008 Stanley Cup.
• In Overtime, senior writer Mike Brophy discusses playoff warriors and the walking wounded.
• Our Playoff Team Previews breakdown each squad and reveal how they’ll beat you, where they might falter and who you should pick for your playoff pool. We also profile the non-playoff teams and where they went wrong along the way.
• Your letters to the editor deal with teams tanking late in the season, the NHL protecting its stars, big congrats to Andrew Cogliano and a positive experience with an NHL referee.
• Our Plus/Minus looks at the best and worst of the hockey world.
• In Snapshots, who will go first overall in your playoff pool? Luke Richardson is the new Dave Andreychuk, and Conn Smythe winners who lost.
• Inside The Numbers has unique NHL stats.
• Fan Shootout with Kyle Wellwood.
• Starting From 10 counts down the players who raise the level of their game come playoff time.
• In Prospects Unlimited, we cover players and teams from the AHL, NCAA and CHL; give you the inside scoop on minor pro leagues across North America; and profile Cody Franson, Geoff Platt, Brandon Sutter and Richard Bachman.