In the Feb. 12 issue of The Hockey News:
• Our cover story asks: Deal Or No Deal? And we make the deadline calls.
• Inside the NHL: There are fewer concussions this season, but what does that mean?
• In his Editor’s Notebook, Jason Kay discusses the woes of Buffalo Sabres fans.
• On the Opinion Page, Joe Starkey says Ty Conklin has earned the No. 1 job in Pittsburgh if he continues to give them a chance to win – even after Marc-Andre Fleury returns from injury.
• In his In The Slot column, senior writer Ken Campbell highlights some up-and-coming prospects, for NHL GM positions.
• In our Ask The Experts feature, we answer your questions about the world of hockey.
• Our Team Reports tell you what each of the 30 NHL squads will be looking to do by the Feb. 26 trade deadline.
• In Overtime, senior writer Mike Brophy looks at the rise of Scott Hartnell in Philadelphia.
• In Prospects Unlimited, we cover players and teams from the AHL, NCAA and CHL; give you the inside-scoop on minor pro leagues across North America; and profile Jordan Lavallee, Eric Fehr, Kyle Beach and Tim Kennedy.
• Your letters to the editor cover All-Star Game selections (or lack thereof), the Willie O’Ree anniversary events, entertainment value vs. winning and the possibility of another UFA defection from Buffalo.
• Beyond The Spotlight profiles a minor-leaguer who is trying to forge on, despite two tragic car accidents.
• In Fresh Legs – our welcome to the NHL feature – we highlight Avalanche center T.J. Hensick.
• Our Plus/Minus looks at the best and worst of the hockey world.
• In Snapshots, we mention possible Maple Leaf GMs, Mathieu Garon’s rise to the top in Edmonton and a great quote out of Pittsburgh.
• Inside The Numbers has unique NHL stats and team-by-team AHL stats.
• Updated NHL depth charts.
• Fan Shootout with Bill Guerin.
• Starting From 10 counts down the top-10 significant injuries in the NHL this season.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now