In the Dec. 18 issue of The Hockey News:
• In our inaugural European issue, THN takes an inside look at NHLers from across the pond and the game in Europe.
• Our cover story focuses on the greatest European-born players in NHL history, including our No. 1 pick, Nicklas Lidstrom.
• Inside the NHL: One name you will know really soon and other hidden gems and familiar names playing in Europe.
• More NHL games in Europe are on the horizon, while Gary Bettman says the league may skip the 2014 Olympics in Russia.
• In Overtime, senior writer Mike Brophy discusses the first great European import to the NHL - Borje Salming.
• Wild goalie Josh Harding answers your questions in the Fan Shootout.
• Why the days of European countries producing the same types of players are over.
• A look at the top Euro leagues – Czech, Finnish, German, Russian, Swedish, Slovakian, and Swiss.
• In the opinion column, Risto Pakarinen says that as much as Europeans have changed the NHL, the NHL has changed European hockey.
• What’s on Zach Parise’s iPod? We tell you in Rockin’ Out!
• In his In The Slot column, senior writer Ken Campbell asks: Why aren’t there more Europeans in NHL management?
• In our Ask The Experts feature, we answer your questions about the world of hockey.
• Your Letters to the Editor discuss Eric Lindros, Alex Ovechkin, the Maple Leafs and more.
• Web columnist Adam Proteau covers the state of women’s hockey in Europe in Proteau Type.
• Our team reports highlight the level of European influence on each NHL team.
• Beyond the Spotlight looks back at the first European touted as a possible first overall selection, Jiri Dudacek.
• THN’s Player of the Month for November.
• In Prospects Unlimited, we cover players and teams from the AHL, NCAA, CHL and give you the skinny on minor pro leagues across North America, including profiles on Jack Skille, Greg Moore, Nick Ross, and Brendan Smith.
• Our Plus/Minus looks the best and worst in the world of hockey.
• Inside the Numbers has European-related NHL statistics.
• In Starting From 10, THN counts down the top NHL imports not born in Europe.
• In Fresh Legs – our welcome to the NHL feature - we highlight Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask.
AdvertisementThis Week - Subscribe Now