Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!
In the Dec. 4 issue of The Hockey News:
• Our cover story is a ranking of the NHL’s franchises based on an exclusive points system formulated by senior writer Ken Campbell and copy editors Ryan Kennedy and Ryan Dixon.
• Editor Jason Kay considers who is the better goalie: Patrick Roy or Martin Brodeur?
• Inside the NHL: Are players at fault for hits from behind?
• A list of the leaders in Gordie Howe hat tricks since 1996-97.
• In Overtime, senior writer Mike Brophy praises Andrei Markov’s season after the Habs lost Sheldon Souray to free agency.
• Mike Richards’ leadership has Flyers fans and management thinking of the Stanley Cup.
• In the opinion column, Mark Moore, brother of Steve Moore, says that despite the NHL’s attempts to “save” hockey from violence, little has changed.
• Senior writer Ken Campbell compares the Quebec Nordiques decline to the current rebuild in Edmonton.
• We answer your burning hockey questions in Ask The Experts.
• Eric Lindros is reborn and is a good fit in the revamped leadership for the NHLPA, says web columnist Adam Proteau.
• Our team reports grade how each has done so far by position.
• In Beyond The Spotlight, freelance writer Sonya Ewan straps on the blades and attends referee camp to see just how tough it is.
• The story of Bill Brown and his discovery of a stick from the very first NHL all-star game, signed by most of the players involved.
• In our Major Junior section we look at Alex Pietrangelo and his development with the Niagara IceDogs.
• Our Plus/Minus looks at the best and worst of the hockey world.
• Two Minutes in the Box with Columbus’ Jared Boll.
• In Starting From 10, we count down the lesser-known rookies making an impact in the NHL this year.
• Checking in on Ed Belfour’s season with Leksand of the Swedish Elite League.
• Our coverage on the AHL includes features on Pekka Rinne and Sasha Pokulok.
• Keeping an eye on NCAA hockey and the growing impact its graduates are having on the NHL in our special NCAA hockey section.
All this and more can be found in THN's latest issue. Pick up a copy at your local newsstand, buy it digitally, or subscribe at thehockeynews.com today!